PE and Sport Provision
Through PE and sport, our vision is for children to develop the important values of self-belief, commitment, motivation, teamwork and resilience. We hope that this will lead to improved concentration, positive attitudes, overall health and raising of our standards in PE and other curriculum areas. We believe that every child deserves the right to feel confident and supported in their PE lessons and we work hard to ensure an inclusive, empowering learning environment where all achievements are actively celebrated.
We really welcomed the government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide every primary school with additional funding for two years to improve the quality of PE and sport provision. We are committed to using this funding to develop high quality PE lessons and greater opportunities in sports and competitions for all children
Advice from the government on how to use the PE and Sport Premium (https://www.gov.uk/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools):
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.