Latest School Events
- INSET DAY20Oct2017
9:00 am - 3:20 pm
9:00 am - 3:20 pm
Headteacher's Blog 12/09/2017
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome back from the summer holidays.
The term has got off to a great start with our Year 3's settling in really well and our Year 6 setting to their learning so early on. As you will be aware Year 4 and 5 are being mixed in the afternoons and we are impressed with how quickly they are moving between classes and settling down. We recognise that it will take some time to get used to but are confident that they will all settle into a routine soon.
We wanted to give all new parents(and any other who would like to come) an opportunity to ask any questions or simply to meet Mrs Ogden (our parent link teacher) and myself early on this term. This is on Wednesday 20th September at 2.30pm in the school hall for half an hour or so.
Mr Colin Thompson
Welcome to Broomhill Junior School. We have 240 places, taking children from the ages of 7 to 11 years. We are a school that aims to foster children’s learning through all that we do and equip children in ”learning for life”.
We are very proud of our school, the achievements of the children and the quality of the day‑to-day learning that takes place here. We have a hugely dedicated staff team and governing body who help support a very happy and successful school.
Our seven values of Respect, Inclusion, Responsibility, Resourcefulness, Creativity, Resilience and Collaboration, are the foundation of our school. From these flow our aims, curriculum, organisation and procedures.
OUR SCHOOL ETHOS
We want Broomhill Junior School to be:
* a place where all strive for excellence in learning, individually and as a community
* a welcoming place that serves and supports our community
* a place where special memories are created
OUR CURRICULUM AIMS
We aim for each child to;
* become independent and take responsibility for themselves and their actions
* be confident and self-motivated
* be respectful and show thoughtfulness for the feelings and views of others
* be creative and resourceful
* be able to communicate ideas confidently in different ways
* value reading in a variety of contexts and be able to easily access information
* to have a confident grasp of our number system and apply this in different contexts
If you are a prospective parent please feel free to explore our website and download a copy of our prospectus and DVD. We hope these will enable you to make an informed choice about our school and help your child have a successful start with us.
If you have an enquiry or would like to make an appointment to visit the school, please contact Mrs. Carter in the school office on 0117 9775120.
The school's SENCO is Mrs Johnson. To make contact with her, please contact the school office on 0117 9775120.
If you require any information from the website in paper format, please ask at the school front office.