DEANFIELD CAMP MEETING THURSDAY 4TH MAY @ 5:30PM
Latest School Events
9:00 am - 04 jun, 11:30 pm
- Inset Day - School Closed05Jun2017
- School Begins Term 606Jun2017
- Y2 Parents Meeting07Jun2017
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- LAST WEEK OF CLUBS12Jun2017
3:20 pm - 4:15 pm
Headteacher's Blog 28/04/2017
Dear Parents and Carers,
Our Y6 will be taking their SATs tests next week and we wish them the very best. They have all worked incredibly hard (and so have the teachers) to get to this point. Many of the children even came in over the holidays to keep their minds actively learning before the term began. This term is a really important one for all children’s progress as they have had all year to learn the new skills that they can now apply. There will be an opportunity for some of you whose children have IEPs (Individual Education Plans) to discuss your child’s needs and progress in the next few weeks. A letter will be sent to you regarding this.
Mr Colin Thompson
Welcome to Broomhill Junior School. We have 240 places, taking children from the ages of 7 to 11 years. We are a school that aims to foster children’s learning through all that we do and equip children in ”learning for life”.
We are very proud of our school, the achievements of the children and the quality of the day‑to-day learning that takes place here. We have a hugely dedicated staff team and governing body who help support a very happy and successful school.
Our seven values of Respect, Inclusion, Responsibility, Resourcefulness, Creativity, Resilience and Collaboration, are the foundation of our school. From these flow our aims, curriculum, organisation and procedures.
OUR SCHOOL ETHOS
We want Broomhill Junior School to be:
* a place where all strive for excellence in learning, individually and as a community
* a welcoming place that serves and supports our community
* a place where special memories are created
OUR CURRICULUM AIMS
We aim for each child to;
* become independent and take responsibility for themselves and their actions
* be confident and self-motivated
* be respectful and show thoughtfulness for the feelings and views of others
* be creative and resourceful
* be able to communicate ideas confidently in different ways
* value reading in a variety of contexts and be able to easily access information
* to have a confident grasp of our number system and apply this in different contexts
If you are a prospective parent please feel free to explore our website and download a copy of our prospectus and DVD. We hope these will enable you to make an informed choice about our school and help your child have a successful start with us.
If you would like to make an appointment to visit the school, please contact Mrs. Carter in the school office on 0117 9775120.
The Chair of Governors and I look forward to welcoming you.