Latest School Events
- Victorian Day Y4 & Y518Dec2018
- Y6 Party18Dec2018
- Last Day Of Term 220Dec2018
- INSET Day - school closed for children21Dec2018
- School Holiday24Dec2018
Headteacher's Blog 03/12/2018
Have you noticed in the news recently how the Government are keen that schools focus on character development and life skills in the curriculum? I had to smile when I read this, as this has been our focus at BJS for the past twelve years. We are constantly talking with the children about the attitudes and values that are for life.
Our seven values are at the centre of all we do. Recently in our assemblies we have been focusing on the theme of love. A word that is often misunderstood. Do ask your child what we have been learning, I hope they will be able to tell you.
Mr Colin Thompson
Welcome to Broomhill Junior School. We have 240 places, taking children from the ages of 7 to 11 years. We are a school that aims to foster children’s learning through all that we do and equip children in ”learning for life”.
We are very proud of our school, the achievements of the children and the quality of the day‑to-day learning that takes place here. We have a hugely dedicated staff team and governing body who help support a very happy and successful school.
Our seven values of Respect, Inclusion, Responsibility, Resourcefulness, Creativity, Resilience and Collaboration, are the foundation of our school. From these flow our aims, curriculum, organisation and procedures.
OUR SCHOOL ETHOS
We want Broomhill Junior School to be:
- a place where all strive for excellence in learning, individually and as a community
- a welcoming place that serves and supports our community
- a place where special memories are created
OUR CURRICULUM AIMS
We aim for each child to;
- become independent and take responsibility for themselves and their actions
- be confident and self-motivated
- be respectful and show thoughtfulness for the feelings and views of others
- be creative and resourceful
- be able to communicate ideas confidently in different ways
- value reading in a variety of contexts and be able to easily access information
- to have a confident grasp of our number system and apply this in different contexts
Please see a copy of our full prospectus here in PDF format. We feel the best way to find out about our school is to come in and talk to us. You are therefore most welcome to arrange a visit. Please get in touch.
If you would like to make an appointment to visit the school or have any query, please contact Mrs Carter at the school office on 0117 9775120.
The Chair of Governors and I look forward to welcoming you.