Expectations and guidance for home learning
Dear Parents and Carers
We fully recognise that you are not teachers and that it can be challenging to complete home learning so we would like to say thank you for supporting us wholeheartedly during these difficult times. It is our aim that home learning is a smooth, supportive process for both you and your child(ren).
In light of the new government guidance regarding home learning, please see the document below called Remote Learning. This document is a detailed overview of all activities planned by your child's class teacher. It contains links to online videos and activities that can be used to support your child's learning in the event of self-isolation.
School expectations and guidance outlining home learning is below.
Children can submit work to their class teacher via Google Classroom or Class Dojo. Teachers will feedback weekly to children. If you have any concerns around your child’s work, you can contact the class teacher via Dojo.
- 30 minutes of a reading activity – this could be reading to an adult, reading alone, using bug club or following a link in the reading section of your year group’s document completing an activity.
- 1 hour - Daily English task - some of the learning is likely to be via video with the class teacher. See your year group overview for a progression of lessons. (Please ensure that one day is a grammar focus.)
- 1 hour – Daily maths task - some of the learning is likely to be via video with the class teacher. See your year group overview for a progression of lessons. (Please use the multiplication, addition, subtraction and times table links on the year group overview as starter activities.)
- 15 minutes of mindfulness – see our mindfulness and wellbeing page for ideas and suggestions!
Weekly Expectations (See class timetables for support in organising these)
- 3 x spelling practise (1/2 hour sessions) – either using Spelling Shed or following the links on your year group overview.
- 5x project activities (1 hour sessions) – this could be from the project, DT or art sections from your year group overview.
- 1 x computing (1 hour) – see year group overview.
- 1 x PSHE (1 hour) – see year group overview.
- 2 x PE (1 hour sessions) – just be active! See year group overview for suggestions.
- 1 x music (1 hour session) – see year group overview.
- 1 x Spanish (1/2 hour session) – see year group overview.
And lastly, please don’t forget to communicate! Make sure you’re talking to each other, especially about your feelings and emotions during this difficult time.
Nightingale Weekly Timetable
Child Friendly Behaviour and Anti-Bullying Policies
For the full versions of these policies and all other policies please visit the policies page.